Thread: When Evil Move In

When Evil Move In

My trans nephew and family moved in last night. Emergency situation, wifey let them stay but didn't set any rules

They visit often, I say hello boy and fist bump. And do my best to teach the truth while he visits

However, moving in is a totally different ball game. I feel now that I am responsible for him, it's my duty to tell him he can't dress like that anymore. I'm also setting a rule they must pray the Rosary with us every night

I'm a little confused becausey previous discussions with our priest, he assures me I need to be a lot more tolerant. I tell him my plans with the trans movement, and I guess they're a bit extreme, so I agree and yield. But this is an emergency, I won't see Father till Sunday

My plan is to tell them, they are more than welcome to stay. But they must leave their evil idiology at the door. And pray the Rosary every night. I feel like it will start trouble with the feminists single mother, and they will play my heart strings. But when I make up my mind in our home, it becomes law

Is this the right attitude. Or, like Father usually says, should I be more tolerant and let it slide so I can teach them the truth while they stay?

My personal approach? I side with Father, but it's not an easy path.

The easiest thing to do is to take a hard line and keep nagging them until they change (unlikely) or leave (more likely). When they leave they'll take with them a bad impression of our Faith and, by extension, of our Lord. They will believe that Christianity (and Christ) are heartless and all about rules, not about people.

The other easy thing to do is to give up on being Catholic and just affirm everything they're saying and doing, and say that it's OK. "Go along to get along," as they say.

The hard thing to do—because it requires balance and it's hard on you—is to do your best to look past the gender confusion and see a person, someone who is struggling to figure out how they fit into the world. Maybe they don't seem to be "struggling"... maybe they're smugly convinced that they are right... but they're struggling whether they know it or not.

The hard thing to do is to transmit the message: "I don't agree with your supposed 'solution' to your problems fitting into this world, but I respect you as a person, as a child of God." And, to add to that: "I think that you're making a serious mistake, but I make serious mistakes, too. That doesn't make the mistakes OK, but it does mean that we have something in common: We're both weak, sinful human beings who are trying to find our way to peace and a feeling that we belong. Let me tell you about how I'm striving for that."

If you can get across that you're just as prone to failure as anyone else, but that with the Lord's help you're dealing with it and working on it, then maybe... just maybe... some light will make its way into the darkness.

This is confirmation, thanks. Had more than one lately

Please pray that I may soften my heart. And be an example of Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    My personal approach? I side with Father, but it's not an easy path.

The easiest thing to do is to take a hard line and keep nagging them until they change (unlikely) or leave (more likely). When they leave they'll take with them a bad impression of our Faith and, by extension, of our Lord. They will believe that Christianity (and Christ) are heartless and all about rules, not about people.

The other easy thing to do is to give up on being Catholic and just affirm everything they're saying and doing, and say that it's OK. "Go along to get along," as they say.

The hard thing to do—because it requires balance and it's hard on you—is to do your best to look past the gender confusion and see a person, someone who is struggling to figure out how they fit into the world. Maybe they don't seem to be "struggling"... maybe they're smugly convinced that they are right... but they're struggling whether they know it or not.

The hard thing to do is to transmit the message: "I don't agree with your supposed 'solution' to your problems fitting into this world, but I respect you as a person, as a child of God." And, to add to that: "I think that you're making a serious mistake, but I make serious mistakes, too. That doesn't make the mistakes OK, but it does mean that we have something in common: We're both weak, sinful human beings who are trying to find our way to peace and a feeling that we belong. Let me tell you about how I'm striving for that."

If you can get across that you're just as prone to failure as anyone else, but that with the Lord's help you're dealing with it and working on it, then maybe... just maybe... some light will make its way into the darkness.

The proof in the pudding of our true beliefs or our true cowardice comes when our decisions do not follow the same logic.

90% of Catholics loosely claim to be against baby murder but 90% of Catholics would treat someone who kills a baby better than someone who kills an evil adult. It tells you what they have been conditioned to believe.

If your family and thus nephew was being fed heroin... what would you do? Would you accept this under your roof?

You think you're against the evils here but you are already down the line from logic. I could probably name dozens of things, some of which are probably less harmful, less evil, and less damaging to the souls of those around you (well, especially if you have kids yourself). And you would not have even ended up here if they were the issue at hand.

Is this the right attitude. Or, like Father usually says, should I be more tolerant and let it slide so I can teach them the truth while they stay?
    Would he say to tolerate the kid doing drugs in your home? Would he say to let this influence the spiritual well being of your wife? Etc?

Like I said, it's not hard to see what a person believes. If I tell you "it's my BIGGEST insult to me that someone smacks me" and you see 10 people smack me and I do nothing. Then, you see 10 people spit on the ground at me and I beat them up.

My words are meaningless, we know that the spit is a great insult to me and the smack is meaningless.

If I tell you I love pizza and I tolerate burgers, but everytime I'm given a choice between the two, I always choose burgers... what meaning have my claims?

Most people on the topics du jour have already lost to the preachings of the Satan's minions.

Most people do not react to the murder of babies as the murder of babies. Most people do not react to aggregious child abuse as aggregious child abuse.

"By their fruits you will know them."

My plan is to tell them, they are more than welcome to stay. But they must leave their evil idiology at the door. And pray the Rosary every night.
    If the rosary is part of the household currently by default, then yes. I would not apply any undue or "extras" on them. I would require only reasonable adherence to the standards of the household if they are to become part thereof. I would put no penal/corrective requirements in anything that are not related to a direct infraction. Such is "Minority Report". If the Prodigal Son comes home, he comes home. If he does not, he does not. In this I mean that if he comes home, it is within the realm of acceptable wiggle to the household.

I feel like it will start trouble with the feminists single mother,
    The Prodigal Son can never come home if he never leaves. A lesson know one understands in modernity. Just like the heroin addict, there is probably a substantial, like 90-98% chance you will be rejected. Like the father of the Prodigal son, the door should always be open should he seek to come home. But again, coming home is not just physical.

You also probably have to be prepared for what's coming as a result of evils and shore your spirit for it. From this tidbit, it sounds as if over time this person will be a whisper in your wife's ear, and you may face hardships if you stand for goodness.

and they will play my heart strings. But when I make up my mind in our home, it becomes law
    Be cautious that this is something that is required to be done in love. I get a sense, one that could be inaccurate, that you are subject to emotions some. You know now what the situation is, and you should steel yourself to approach all with firm fair love. No wrath, nor pride, no cowardice. It is NOT love to abide Horrendous child abuse in your household, it is not love to lash out or stomp your feet.
    I can do all these things in him who strengtheneth me.