Thread: Re: Night Train To Terror( 1985 TV anthology movie)

Re: Night Train To Terror( 1985 TV anthology movie)

Although I'd had Night Train To Terror(a 1985 TV anthology movie) on video for years, not until I looked it up on Wikipedia did I dsocver that it had become a "cult classic"(much like "Dracula's Daughter").
    In a nutshell it deals with the fates of three selected groups of human beings as God and Satan see which way their earthly paths will lead- either to Heaven or Hell in the hereafter.
    Much like the 1972 British Amicus film "Tales From The Crypt" and its 1974 sequel "Vault Of Horror", it is very religious in its own way(I admit that this may NOT have been the producers intended but hey, God works in mysterious ways as the old saying runs). As God says to Satan- " I will not force man to be good- he can either walk in my footsteps or yours!"
    Apropos of "Tales From The Crypt", which ends when the mysterious host tells the assembled people that as they have all died"without repenting their sins"(usually murder), they will spend eternity in a special place(hint: it;s NOT Heaven). The first person falls into a fiery pit( presumably HELL) and the narrator breaks the "fourth wall" and asks the audience if THEY will end up in his domain as he reveals himself to be the Devil himself( shades of "Torture Garden" another Amicus anthology film released in 1967)? I often wonder which of the audience ended up going to Hell in actual fact, but as divine justice is not like its human counterpart- it cannot be bought or bullied- if someone goes to Hell for all eternity then that is what they DESERVED!
    It sounds cruel I know but we must realize that God is NOT like man!

Does anyone think as I do?

Terry

Deserved is not the word I would choose because the Church actually teaches that we all CHOOSE or own final end.

Seeing the future
    Knowing the truth in my soul
    I rise to battle
    A black knight on a new quest
    Servant of the King of Kings