Thread: Hello to all :)

Hello to all :)

Hi CCF’ers!

I’ve been lurking here for some time and finally decided to register. This seems to be a lovely community.

I am an unaffiliated Christian who has always been drawn to the Catholic and Orthodox faiths. I’ve been studying both faiths for many years. Please pray that God will make the right path clear for me to follow.

Thank you for allowing me to join your community.

Hi Daisyplain,

I am very happy you decided to join us here at CCF. I hope to eventually welcome you home to the Catholic Church. But in the meantime, please ask and share anything that is on your mind.

Glenn
    I let my faith influence my political views and not the other way around.

And if you be unwilling to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, ...; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
    Joshua 24:15

Welcome!

All are welcome, and especially seeking Christians. As to which faith, Catholic and Orthodox are nearly identical, having the same Apostolic origins. However, the Orthodox reject the primacy of the Bishop of Rome, preferring to see him as just one of equals. As well, they are substantially geographically and culturally centered and not absolutely united with each other, so one must pick and choose. I suggest that you watch the podcasts of Dr. David Anders, entitled "Called to Communion." He will be able to answer many if not all of your concerns.

In the meantime, you might consider seeking the local Catholic parish and finding when the building is open. When it is open, you may then take a seat before the Tabernacle. Within it is Christ in His Sacramental Presence: Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. Spiritually, it is the same as if He were standing there before you. I suggest that seekers then sit, pray, read scripture, of simply let your Lord know of your journey, your questions and your doubts. With patience, you will have your answer. And, when you become aware that He is there, you will be changed.

Peace and good in the new year!

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CCF_Glenn View Post
    Hi Daisyplain,

I am very happy you decided to join us here at CCF. I hope to eventually welcome you home to the Catholic Church. But in the meantime, please ask and share anything that is on your mind.

Glenn
    Thank you so much for your warm welcome, Glenn. .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by po18guy View Post
    All are welcome, and especially seeking Christians. As to which faith, Catholic and Orthodox are nearly identical, having the same Apostolic origins. However, the Orthodox reject the primacy of the Bishop of Rome, preferring to see him as just one of equals. As well, they are substantially geographically and culturally centered and not absolutely united with each other, so one must pick and choose. I suggest that you watch the podcasts of Dr. David Anders, entitled "Called to Communion." He will be able to answer many if not all of your concerns.
    Thank you very much for this recommendation, po18guy! I’ve not encountered Dr Anders before, so I’ll certainly search for these podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by po18guy View Post
    In the meantime, you might consider seeking the local Catholic parish and finding when the building is open. When it is open, you may then take a seat before the Tabernacle. Within it is Christ in His Sacramental Presence: Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. Spiritually, it is the same as if He were standing there before you. I suggest that seekers then sit, pray, read scripture, of simply let your Lord know of your journey, your questions and your doubts. With patience, you will have your answer. And, when you become aware that He is there, you will be changed.

Peace and good in the new year!
    I can say without hesitation that the most deeply joyful hours of my life have been spent in the Adoration Chapel. I was formerly blessed to live where there were 3 of these chapels within a half-hour’s drive. I have since moved to a different country which is in my experience mostly a spiritual desert (with but a few oases remaining), and no longer have regular access to sit before a Monstrance or Tabernacle. The last time was several months ago, but I hold the memories of my many past visits close to my heart, always.

Thank you again, and I pray that God blesses you and your family in this New Year.

and

Belated thanks

Thank you, Michael! I was in hospital when you sent this warm welcome message, so missed it until now.

Hope you and yours have been enjoying the Easter season!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyplain View Post
    Thank you, Michael! I was in hospital when you sent this warm welcome message, so missed it until now.

Hope you and yours have been enjoying the Easter season!
    Been there and done that several times and I try to avoid it. There are guys wearing masks who have knives and will cut you open.

Quote Originally Posted by CCF_Michael View Post
    Been there and done that several times and I try to avoid it. There are guys wearing masks who have knives and will cut you open.
    Yep, I woke up from a long sleep in which that very thing happened to me! I have several new ‘mementos’ from those masked men

On a serious note, I’m still recovering and would appreciate any prayers from CCFers.

Thanks again and blessings to you and all who read this message.

Deep East Texas (Behind the Pine Curtain)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCF_Michael View Post
    Yeah, but they tend to sew you back up too.