Thread: Vaccination Card (Sacraments)

Vaccination Card (Sacraments)

Hi people!

First... sorry about my English!

My name is Luciano, i am from Brazil, 44 years old, i am married and have a daughter (11 years).

I attend the Saint Francis of Stigmas community, in the parish of Our Lady of Fatima, in archdiocese of Sorocaba (state of Sao Paulo / Brazil).

I am catechist and minister (word celebration).

I create one site to help people to study the doctrine catholic.

In the first semester, i create a "vaccination card" for one formation to catechists.

This vaccination card show the sacraments and gives tips of faith.

Remember: my english is very bad (i use the google many times). My objective is learn english and more about catholic faith

I translate the vaccination card. If anyone wants to look, I'll leave the link:
    http://www.academiadocatolico.com.br...accination.pdf

Here i have others documents. If any catechist need something, i will be happy to translate:

http://www.academiadocatolico.com.br/download

That's cute. It's a great idea.

...and your English is better than my Portuguese (which I don't speak at all, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    That's cute. It's a great idea.

...and your English is better than my Portuguese (which I don't speak at all, so...)
    Thanks... more i still use google translator...

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Leal View Post
    Thanks... more i still use google translator...
    There's no shame in that. I write in Italian, but I use Google Translate. I don't remember the language well enough to write something from scratch, but I can translate into Italian and then read it, and recognize when Google Translate doesn't capture what I want to say. It works for me.

Google Translate, by the way, has gotten a lot better over the years. It used to be a joke. Now it works reasonably well.

The "vaccination card" is cute! The information about receiving the Eucharist frequently reminded me of a saying from a member from a long time back: "Holy Communion: the Breakfast of Champions".
    God's peace!
    Carol

The wisdom from above is first of all pure,
    then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits,
    without inconstancy or insincerity.
    And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.

James 3:17-18

“On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll; and out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see…And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction.” ~ Isaiah 29:18, 24

Quote Originally Posted by CCF_Carol View Post
    The "vaccination card" is cute! The information about receiving the Eucharist frequently reminded me of a saying from a member from a long time back: "Holy Communion: the Breakfast of Champions".
    I read what you wrote to my wife.

And she told me:
    - Record this phrase, when your class goes to receive Eucharist, prepare breakfast and decorate with a big banner with that phrase!

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano Leal View Post
    I read what you wrote to my wife.

And she told me:
    - Record this phrase, when your class goes to receive Eucharist, prepare breakfast and decorate with a big banner with that phrase!

The saying actually originated from a cereal box which made that claim for decades.

When our member posted it in the context of the Eucharist, it "stuck with me", and impelled me to make the effort to get to daily Mass ever since.
    God's peace!
    Carol

The wisdom from above is first of all pure,
    then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits,
    without inconstancy or insincerity.
    And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.

James 3:17-18

“On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll; and out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see…And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction.” ~ Isaiah 29:18, 24

Thank you, brother Luciano, for sharing your very creative way for people to remember the sacraments.

I have two concerns:
    1. People might think that the sacrament of Matrimony can only be received once.
    2. That the sacrament of Holy Orders can be received three times.

I believe that in both cases these doubts would be resolved in catechesis.

The sacrament of orders, I agree that it could perhaps be organized in another way, but I couldn't think of anything different at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nocnada View Post

Thank you, brother Luciano, for sharing your very creative way for people to remember the sacraments.

I have two concerns:
    1. People might think that the sacrament of Matrimony can only be received once.
    2. That the sacrament of Holy Orders can be received three times.