Thread: Did Trump actually go to MASS on Christmas?

Did Trump actually go to MASS on Christmas?

yeh, on the news it said he went to mass

Do ther "churches" call it "mass"??

or did he attend a a Catholic mass?

Jacobus Secundus - Servus Dei - Ora Pro Nobis

James II - Servant of God - Pray for Us

[url]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Sir_Peter_Lely_-_James_VII_and_II%2C_when_Duke_of_York%2C_1633_%E2 %80%93_1701_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg[/url

Stonewall Jackson the Sword of the South
    Robert E Lee the Shield of the South

Akin to Marcellus and Fabius the Sword and the Shield of Rome

Deep East Texas (Behind the Pine Curtain)
    Episcopalians do not call it 'mass'. They have 'communion services' where they receive communion and scripture services where they have the readings for the Sunday.

I actually think it is funny, they still call it Christmas but changed the name of their "legit" services (most prots) basically since only a valid ordibation can conduct a mass, most prots basically admit they can't.....
    I can do all these things in him who strengtheneth me.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalMouse View Post
    I actually think it is funny, they still call it Christmas but changed the name of their "legit" services (most prots) basically since only a valid ordibation can conduct a mass, most prots basically admit they can't.....
    As I have said before anyone who celebrates Christmas or even acknowledges the existence of the day is recognizing the authority of the Catholic Church whether be on the Gregorian Calendar or the Julian Calendar.

[url]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Sir_Peter_Lely_-_James_VII_and_II%2C_when_Duke_of_York%2C_1633_%E2 %80%93_1701_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg[/url

Did Trump actually go to MASS on Christmas?

Firstly as a thrice divorced man, it would be unlikely if he went( he would NOT be allowed to receive the Sacramaents). Secondly Trump is not Catholic(NOT certain about current wife Melania).

Quote Originally Posted by DNW View Post
    i knew it was too good to be true..

nevvvverrrrr mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bhcordova View Post
    Episcopalians do not call it 'mass'. They have 'communion services' where they receive communion and scripture services where they have the readings for the Sunday.
    yeh, how boring

once you have know Jesus in the Eucharist, meaning where he really, actually IS

um... yeh... anything else is not too exciting, to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Washington View Post
    Firstly as a thrice divorced man, it would be unlikely if he went( he would NOT be allowed to receive the Sacramaents). Secondly Trump is not Catholic(NOT certain about current wife Melania).
    If his past marriages were not valid, then he has never been married in the eyes of God and could become a practicing Catholic. Of course, he is always welcome to attend Holy Mass anyway, he just cannot take Communiion. Catholics in mortal sin cannot either... but it is interesting that.. on Sunday, you see virtually everyone going to Communion, but hardly anyone going to confession.

This is VERY wrong

and no one says anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by montana15 View Post

i knew it was too good to be true..

nevvvverrrrr mind

- - - Updated - - -

yeh, how boring

once you have know Jesus in the Eucharist, meaning where he really, actually IS

um... yeh... anything else is not too exciting, to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

If his past marriages were not valid, then he has never been married in the eyes of God and could become a practicing Catholic. Of course, he is always welcome to attend Holy Mass anyway, he just cannot take Communiion. Catholics in mortal sin cannot either... but it is interesting that.. on Sunday, you see virtually everyone going to Communion, but hardly anyone going to confession.

This is VERY wrong

and no one says anything about it
    Part of why i see the pharisees in Catholics so adamant about the divorce laws. As that is the one they can "see". The numbers of those taking communion are far higher than the numbers who are with confession and pennance.

I will take Trump with his multiple marriages over Hillary who stays with an adulterous spouse!

I will take Trump with his multiple marriages over Hillary who stays with an adulterous spouse!
    That sounds to me like an odd thing for a Catholic to say.

Regarding Trump non Catholic Christians do not hold the same teachings regarding marriage as we Catholics.

Regarding Hillary she presented herself as a model and spokesperson for women however when her husband's victims came forward she attacked them!

Part of why i see the pharisees in Catholics so adamant about the divorce laws. As that is the one they can "see". The numbers of those taking communion are far higher than the numbers who are with confession and pennance.
    i dont get it

are you saying Catholics are the new Pharisees?

are you not Catholic? what religion are you?

dont get the comment about "the one they can see"

???

Quote Originally Posted by montana15 View Post
    i dont get it

are you saying Catholics are the new Pharisees?

are you not Catholic? what religion are you?

dont get the comment about "the one they can see"

???
    The sentence refers to a subset of Catholics.

And by nature of the general knowledge of who says what in the world it refers to those who are hardlined and likewise commiting equally mortal sins and recieving communion.

If you are a catholic not involved in such hypocrisy it should not offend you.

Often we (some) "Catholics/Christians" refer to our own group in ways that are typically understood.

Like saying "I dont like religious people" clearly I am relgious spending all this time on such a forum etc. But "religious people" calls up a certain impression of a person.

Which is also why I sometimes say "I am a practicing Catholic but not a "religious person"".

Most people understand I am not describing faith, but personality etc.

Think Saint Moses the Black, do you think he was a typical religious person? He is the one that called up his old skills to hold off the bandits while the other religious people fled.

SAINT Moses the Black would be the kind of Catholic who tend to get alot of infractions on religious forums post conversion.

The pharisees speeches would likely keep them safe.

And that covers many factors like false "charitablity", political correctness, and most relevant, hypocrisy/hypocrites.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me add, that it is not to discredit the saintly non-hypocrites who might speack more like the hypocrites. There are those saints of course, but the numbers of false saints are by nature higher than those of true.

Th
    Let me add, that it is not to discredit the saintly non-hypocrites who might speack more like the hypocrites. There are those saints of course, but the numbers of false saints are by nature higher than those of true.
    well, i understood you for the m ost part

and yes, Jesus did say that most people do not make it (paraphrase)

Mt 7 and such

Regarding Trump non Catholic Christians do not hold the same teachings regarding marriage as we Catholics.
    Even the non Catholic Christians that allow for divorces still regard adultery as a sin requiring remorse and repentance though. Examining the conscience for sin doesn't exist in the Trump/Norman Vincent Peale version of Christianity though because it harms the power of positivity and has no place in striving for the ultimate 'good' of power and wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaMaris View Post
    Even the non Catholic Christians that allow for divorces still regard adultery as a sin requiring remorse and repentance though. Examining the conscience for sin doesn't exist in the Trump/Norman Vincent Peale version of Christianity though because it harms the power of positivity and has no place in striving for the ultimate 'good' of power and wealth.

To play devil's advocate, who would you prefer? A friend who steals your wallet and says "forgive me I am sorry" and continues to steal your stuff? or a friend who steals your wallet and does something to make it up to you and stops stealing?

"I try to do better" is something and the very admission you need to do better is itself an admission of failure.

Personlly I pressume Trump is most likely a quasi agnosticy christian playing up his christianity for the sake of his endevours here, but still there is some possible light in the statement.