Thread: Trump And Gays?

Trump And Gays?

What has Trump done or said about gays in particular that they find offensive? Him personally and not anyone else associated with him.

Same-sex marriage is the law of the land. It's not going away. Has Trump said he wants a Constitutional Amendment to overturn it?

For some it seems it's simply enough that Trump is a Republican to be against him.

So tell what specifically Trump has said that he will do to infringe upon the rights of gays?
    Jacobus Secundus - Servus Dei - Ora Pro Nobis

James II - Servant of God - Pray for Us

[url]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Sir_Peter_Lely_-_James_VII_and_II%2C_when_Duke_of_York%2C_1633_%E2 %80%93_1701_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg[/url

Stonewall Jackson the Sword of the South
    Robert E Lee the Shield of the South

Akin to Marcellus and Fabius the Sword and the Shield of Rome

He isnt for gay marriage and particularly Pence is known not to be.

Trump stance vs what it equals in the narrative:

Not for Gay marriage (I think he is for state by state) and thinks you shouldn't walk in a ladies room looking like Paul Bunion = oppressor of gays

Not for abortion (i think he also said state by state on this) = hates women

For economic policy involving jobs and less state dependecy = racist bigot

Actually, when looking at "anti rights" figures this usually about sums it up.
    I can do all these things in him who strengtheneth me.

Liberals need to understand they lost. Period. Their ideology doesn't matter anymore! They have been rejected and really have no business telling our new president anything since their particular point of view has been done away with finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael68 View Post
    Liberals need to understand they lost. Period. Their ideology doesn't matter anymore! They have been rejected and really have no business telling our new president anything since their particular point of view has been done away with finally!!!
    That's way too much to hope for. They're not going away, the ideological errors aren't defeated once and for all, and if they can't win on the up and up, they'll undermine from within.

Funny how marriage is an outdated, meaningless, oppressive institution.... Until they wish to co-opt it to legitimize an agenda.
    You are who you choose to be

Back to my original post - what has Trump himself specifically done that would cause them to dislike him so?

He as POTUS has neither the power or authority to undo same-sex marriages.

[url]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Sir_Peter_Lely_-_James_VII_and_II%2C_when_Duke_of_York%2C_1633_%E2 %80%93_1701_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg[/url

I do not think Trump has done anything to offend gays other than have Mike Pence as his VP. I generally like Trump and think that he will be a good president, but i strongly dislike almost all of Pence's views, especially on social issues. Trump has made comments in the past supporting gay marriage and has shown openness to the gay community. He also strongly supports the second amendment and wants to restrict Islam.
    Matthew 17:1-8

Blue Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    I do not think Trump has done anything to offend gays other than have Mike Pence as his VP. I generally like Trump and think that he will be a good president, but i strongly dislike almost all of Pence's views, especially on social issues. Trump has made comments in the past supporting gay marriage and has shown openness to the gay community. He also strongly supports the second amendment and wants to restrict Islam.
    Trump chose Pence to get the Evangelical vote. I was hoping that he'd pick a Catholic.