Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm new - why do my posts take so long to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTaterfromVA View Post
    Hey y'all! I am brand new to the forum, and I was curious why I can't post a thread. I may either be dumb or I don't have the privileges to do it. Just curious how/when this would change. Thanks!
    Your status shows that you responded to the verification email, so you should be able to post a thread; they simply won't show up until approved by a Mod. Try it and let me know via PM if you have a problem.
    God's peace!
    Carol

The wisdom from above is first of all pure,
    then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits,
    without inconstancy or insincerity.
    And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.

James 3:17-18

“On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll; and out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see…And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction.” ~ Isaiah 29:18, 24

[Hi the same thing is happening with me. Therese11, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

QUOTE=BigTaterfromVA;504255]Hey y'all! I am brand new to the forum, and I was curious why I can't post a thread. I may either be dumb or I don't have the privileges to do it. Just curious how/when this would change. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Therese11 View Post
    [Hi the same thing is happening with me. Therese11, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

QUOTE=BigTaterfromVA;504255]Hey y'all! I am brand new to the forum, and I was curious why I can't post a thread. I may either be dumb or I don't have the privileges to do it. Just curious how/when this would change. Thanks!
    [/QUOTE]

Perhaps it is because of the time difference. Moderators are in the states and are all volunteers. Yesterday, I got up at 5:00 am. After the normal morning routines and checking this forum, I attended Mass at 7:30 am. After Mass had coffee with some friends who are regulars at the early Mass. By 8:30, I was at the parish outreach (volunteer) processing requests for food and clothing. Returned home for lunch and checked the forum. The afternoon was busy with household chores and some committee chores. I checked the forum a couple of times during the afternoon, the last being at 5:00 pm, after which I left for choir practice. Returned home at 7:30 pm, grabbed a bite to eat and was online by 7:45 pm for a Secretariat meeting that began at 8:00 pm. The meeting was over by 9:00 pm and I again check the forum. I cleaned up the kitchen and picked up novel to read for a bit just to unwind. I checked the forum again before i went to be at 11:00 pm. Your post was not there. I rose this morning at 6:30; did the necessary routines. After breakfast, I saw your post and approved it.
    “Sometimes in life your situation will keep repeating itself until you learn your lesson.” – Life quotes

A REMINDER TO NEWBIES: All new member posts are moderated, meaning they will not appear until approved. (The number of spammers, etc. who attempt to disrupt forums like this is very high, so moderating new posts is very necessary. As soon as the content of a few posts indicates a "real" member, we will remove you from moderation. As Bob stated, we are volunteers with limited time, so sometimes posts will remain in queue until someone is online. Please be patient with us!
    Thanks!

God's peace!
    Carol

The wisdom from above is first of all pure,
    then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits,
    without inconstancy or insincerity.
    And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.

James 3:17-18

“On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll; and out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see…And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction.” ~ Isaiah 29:18, 24