Thread: On setting your options for viewing the forums

On setting your options for viewing the forums

Whether you are a new member or a "regular" you might benefit from taking a little time to browse through your CCF "User Control Panel". A link to your control panel is on the left hand side of the red bar at the top of most of the pages here. It is abbreviated as "User CP".

There are a number of links on the left hand side that you might find very useful. You can change your email or password, for instance, or set up an avatar or picture that will appear in your posts. You can also set up a custom "signature" that will be automatically added to the end of each of your posts.

One feature that many people overlook is an option to display many more messages than appear to be available when you first sign up. For some reason the default settings for the software are set to only one month's worth of posts. Although we apparently can't change those default settings, you can do so via a link on the left hand side of your control panel labeled "edit options".

If you scroll down about 2/3 of the page you will see a box that says:

You can change the option of how far back in time you can view the threads. I changed the option to "Show all threads".

Some people are surprised to find many gems back there that they never new existed until they stumbled upon them many months after they joined the forums.

If you get some free time you might want to browse around and experiment with some of the options. You can tailor them to your own personal preferences.
    Last edited by CCF_Jeff; April 27th, 2007 at 07:15 PM.
    May Jesus Christ be praised!

Your brother-in-Christ,
    Jeff
    Catholic Info & Resources

Thank you Jeff. I clicked and for the first time realized that when people rate a response of yours it shows up there. Of course, it would be helpful if those that give feedback explain why. I received 2 negative ratings and I don't know why. How can a person consider a possible error or shortcoming if it isn't explained? Take advantage of the anonymity and explain, otherwise the critique is wasted and viewed as someone just rating out of anger. Just my 2 cents.
    By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, the father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. That father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.

The National Prayer Breakfast — Washington, D.C. — February, 1994

http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/m...n_abortion.htm

Question

Hi Jeff, I looked for a place to put a signature and couldn't find one, and yes I scrolled through the options and etc's.

How long does it take to approve a post before it can be seen because I've made several and the only ones that show are the ones I post here